It’s Magic Monday (the days all run together lately) and there’s some fun, magical, and positive things to share. A big thanks to all who contributed this week! We only have 2 more Magic Mondays left, so remember to capture the magic moments and share them with us!
This weeks Magic moments:
1) From Zoe (Grade 1) and family: We have a small water feature in our back yard and for the first time in 9 years, we’ve had a pair of ducks make it their home. Zoe and Levi have enjoyed watching them come and go each day. The ducks don’t seem to mind the kids running around or our dog. Zoe also caught a frog that was croaking loudly night after night and relocated it to the canal.
2) Kai (Grade 3) and his family did the socially distanced Pole Pedal Paddle recently and made this video that you have to watch! Kai did the downhill and the mountain bike and helped film.
3) During his time at home Barrett (Kinder) has learned how to fly!
4) Sydney (Grade 5) is learning piano virtually amidst her time learning at home. She’s finding chords to be hard but fun! She also just decorated the vegan cake she made for her dad’s 50th birthday Saturday! Her mom says it’s actually pretty tasty…
5) Sami (Grade 1) and Paige (Grade 5) got to enjoy the sounds and smells of a waterfall and did a little writing about it.
6) Here’s a picture of Ruby (Grade 5) with a rock she found that looks like an arrow head.
7) We may not be having Camp Amity this year but it shouldn’t stop you from visiting our beloved spot! Benji (Grade 1) was there recently with his family and made sure his brother got the full tour!
8) Nari (Grade 5) and Teya (Grade 1) are becoming masters at baking sourdough.
9) Rose (Grade 3), Bjorn (Kinder), and Leona (recent Amity graduate) on a family field trip to painted Hills thanks to the inspiration from Leona’s Wonders of Oregon report.
10 Mitchell (Grade 4) is a motor cycle riding enthusiast. Here’s a video of him out riding, followed by a picture of what happened next. He’s healing up!
11) Nora (grade 5) got out skiing with her dad during the recent short opportunity to do some Spring skiing!
12) And finally, a photo from Ray that he took at the Community Garden where the Grade 5 class harvested veggies to make soup earlier this year. A great memory!
Hoping that the week ahead brings lots of positive and magic things into your life! Keep going, you’re doing amazing!