Dear Creeker Families,
Wow, a lot has happened in the last week (and month, and year!). As we gear up to return to in-person schooling I wanted to share a little information early this week.
1) Later this week I will be sending you a lot of information about our return. I will share information about drop off and pick up, masks and distancing, hygiene and cleaning, breakfast and lunch, classroom set-up, recess times, health information and protocols, visiting school, and more. What I will share now is that school hours will be 8am-2:30pm, with doors opening at 7:45am (8am-1pm on Wednesdays). The office will be open 7:30am-3:30pm.
2) For those who have been with us for CDL (Comprehensive Distance Learning), we are assuming you’ll continue with us in-person unless we hear from you. For those not planning to return to in-person learning please email us as soon as possible to let us know: [email protected]
3) For families currently registered with Bend La Pine On-Line, you should have received a survey link from the district by now and a request to fill out the survey as soon as possible. If you have not already done so, please take a moment to respond to the survey; it is very important that we know if you are planning to re-join Amity now that we are returning to in-person. Thank you!
4) Next week will be Orientation Week for K-3 students. Teachers will be sending information home soon to let you know which day your child is scheduled to attend orientation (siblings will be on the same day). This will be a full school day from 8am to 2:30pm.
5) Grade 4 and 5 hybrid cohorts: Your child’s teacher will be reaching out soon to let you know which days your child will attend. It will either be Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday, 8am-2:30pm. All other days will be asynchronous but will include an on-line morning meeting.
6) Several of you have asked about a bus from the Educational Center downtown to North Star and back. Yes, there will be a bus—we are awaiting details of pick up and drop off times. We will share these with you as soon as we have more information.
7) After school care: We are still waiting for more information about after school care. As soon as we have the official word I will share it with you.
Please know we are here to support you as we make this important transition. If you have question, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask—send us an email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Here’s to a great week ahead!