Here’s the scenario: You are collecting photos from your students. You want them all to be stored in a Google folder, but you don’t want them to see the contents of the folder. You also don’t want to get inundated with emails. How can you get all of the photos from your students quickly and easily? You can use DropItToMe. This is a website that syncs with your Google Drive account. Best of all, it’s free. Here’s what you do:
- Create an account
- Select the account you want to sync with, such as your Google account
- Set up your page. This is basically the folder that the content will reside in your Google Drive.
- Name it
- Set up a password (4 digit is fine)
- Hit create
- Now give out the DropItToMe URL that is created (your DropItToM page URL).
- Your students or colleagues will click on the link, enter the password that you tell them, and upload their file.
- You go into your Google Drive and open the created DropItToMe folder which will hold another folder named whatever you named it. Open that folder and see all of the uploaded files.