Notes and more details for new teachers, based on our presentation on 8.28.17:
Correction to what I shared about YouTube: It is filtered for Students. Staff have access!
- Pickup Laptop from your school, iPad from IT Help Desk or Tech @ your site
- Login to wireless (BLS Wifi) with your staff credentials (firstname.lastname, Password)
- Access to Google Sites for BLS teachers is through your “GAPPS” Google Account
- Or, set up a wordpress blog by clicking here and logging in with your BLS credentials
- We recommend you come by the innovation lab or take a class to learn about these tools.
- Contact Amy Tarnow for Secondary Digital Curriculum access, Julie Walker for Wonders @ Elementary, Kerry Morton for Bridges @ Elementary, Alyx Lyons for Language Arts 6-12, Cate Hill for ELL K-12
- Visit PD Place for Training Options, or connect with our Instructional Technology Coaches for more personalized options
- Our team recommends that new teachers come to a Tech Tuesday or two!
- We also recommend that teachers explore workflow options like Google Classroom and Apple Classroom
- Take a Synergy Gradebook class for your level (elementary or secondary)
- Take a class that will help you create a classroom website using Google Sites or WordPress
- Wednesday, August 30th Classroom Website Drop in Time, EDU 200 (Innovation Lab) with Christie Boen
- Google Sites class September 1st
- Innovation Lab Office Hours August 31st, September 1st
- When in doubt, reboot.
- If that doesn’t work, call the help desk at extension 1200. They rock!!