Webex is a great video conference tool. Below are tips showing how teachers can get started, adjust meeting settings, and more.
Teachers: How to Get Started
Teachers should start meetings from the BLS Webex website. This will ensure that meetings are starting with the most updated version of Webex. Many teachers launch meetings from the Webex app and that’s OK too. The desktop app should automatically update as well.
In the video below, you can learn how to do a number of things.
- Visit the BLS Webex website.
- Sign in with your school district account.
- Change your profile picture.
- Download the Webex app to your laptop.
- Learn about the differences between using the Webex app and using Webex in an internet browser.
- Schedule a Webex meeting and save a meeting template.
Students: How to Get Started
- Student Set Up Video
- Student Set up Video (Spanish version)
- Student Set Up Instructions
- Instrucciones para videoconferencias
Sign Into Webex as a Student Participant
Students should be signed into their Bend-La Pine participant accounts. Please remember, when your students are signed in, security is greatly improved. When all students are signed in, there is no need to lock meeting rooms.
In this video, you’ll learn how students can sign into Webex:
To learn more about why it’s important for students to sign in, please read this blog post.
Adjust Meeting Settings
Please note, many of these settings need to be adjusted (checked/unchecked) at the start of each meeting.
- Disable Reactions (Emojis)
- Disable Chat for Participants (Students)
- Optimize When Sharing Your Screen
- Other Setting Options
Tips for Teachers
- Attendance Reports
- Breakout Sessions and Assignments – video
- iPad – Screen Share – video
- Pass the Ball – Make a Student a Temporary Presenter
- Polling Feature with Students – video
- Scheduling a Meeting – video
- Recordings – How to Record a Webex meeting – video
- Recordings – Save to Your Desktop – video
- Recordings – Access and Share
- General Tips for Success