WebEx is a great tool to communicate with others, whether it’s a meeting, tutorial, webinar, or lesson. You can get started here.
The Bend WebEx website is the perfect place to schedule and the WebEx app is the perfect place to have your meeting. Here’s a video tutorial on how to begin along with a pdf document of instructions if you’d rather read it step by step:
Here’s the same video shown above but without music.
Video conferencing tools can really test the capabilities of your technology on many levels. To avoid issues:
- Make sure your computer OS is up-to-date
- Restart your computer or at least close as many applications as you can before starting your WebEx.
- Log in early, check your audio and video settings. If you have an internet bandwidth issue, WebEx will usually warn you. You can turn off your camera to reduce bandwidth.
- Use headphones to reduce feedback and other sounds like tapping on a keyboard.
- Try not to sit in front of a window.
Help for Students
- Student Set Up Video
- Student Set up Video (Spanish version)
- Student Set Up Instructions
- Instrucciones para videoconferencias
Tips and Best Practices for teachers
- Classroom Management and Best Practices Document
- Classroom Management and Best Practices Video
- Scheduling a WebEx Meeting
- Recording in WebEx
- Access Your Recordings
- iPad Screen Share with WebEx
- WebEx Attendance Options
- WebEx Norms to share with your Students
- Using the Polling Feature with Students