Thank you for everything you have done to get this school year off to a great start for our students and families. Your hard work and extra efforts have brought many smiles to the faces of our students. 🙂
Staff Updates: Thank you to those who assisted with interviews for our educational assistant positions. The team selected the finalists below for these positions:
- Hillary George will be serving as a 3 hour educational assistant. Great to have you back Hillary!
- Laurie Perez will be serving as a 5 hour educational assistant. As you may remember, Laurie taught 3rd grade at Lava Ridge three years ago. Welcome back Laurie!
The upcoming instructional schedule is below. K-3 teachers can find more details in the Recommendations Leading up to Hybrid Model in K-3 from Julie Walker
- Week of September 21: Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) for K-5
- Week of September 28: K-3 (Teachers begin transition to hybrid and scale back on live teaching); 4-5 CDL
- Week of October 5: K-3 Hybrid transition week (25% of students attend each day from 8:00-1:00; focus on introducing children and families to safety protocols and routines); 4-5 CDL
- Week of October 12: K-3 Full hybrid begins (Students attend either Mon/Thurs or Tues/Fri); 4-5 CDL
Beginning the week of October 5th most of our Bridges and Life Skills students will attend school four days a week as part of Limited In Person Instruction (LIPI). We will also have three, 4-5th graders that will attend school four days a week as part of LIPI. These students will be with Sarah T. and Katie G during these two hours and receive their specially designed instruction.
To make sure we are ready to welcome students back safely on October 5th we began work on a number of items, some are listed below:
- K-3 teachers began work creating hybrid cohorts. These will be communicated to families on Tuesday.
- Mike began meeting with teachers about classroom furniture
- The Safety Team met to plan for students return to school. The members of this team are: Michelle Spetic, Melissa Merritt, Kirstin Winslow, Miriam Dunn, Trede Gutierrez, Mike Jura, Lybe Crumpton, Gary DeFrang. This team began reviewing a checklist of items connected with the ODE’s Operational Blueprint to ensure the safety of staff and students. This team will meet again on Tuesday.
- Met with teams from other prototype schools to discuss student entry, dismissal, recesses, etc.
- Began creating music, PE and recess schedules