Article of the Week:
Article 1- An article I referenced in several conversations last week around potential experiences, based on the timeline of Hong Kong, when returning in the fall!
Article 2- An article that Katie and Jim shared about returning to school after this time of COVID!
FUNDING: As you are aware, and likely have heard about since, the state provided an economic forecast earlier this week. Even before it was presented, we knew it would be tricky because of the pandemic. What we heard is that, although not pretty, it could have been worse news. The hole wasn’t as deep as some were projecting, and there is still a major lifeline that could come into play via a special session with the legislature!
The summer iPad communications are complete and ready for you to share with your families beyond the phone calls. The district will also advertise this information in a variety of ways. This letter contains hotlinks embedded, so please share this Word version (rather than PDF). Here is the Spanish version; and the English version.
Here is a link to more information and registration to a webinar on June 4 around the topic of exploring strategies for supporting the social and emotional needs of students amidst COVID-19 school closure/re-opening.
ESY: It was decided this week, based largely on the summer guidance sent out from the state last Friday, that our Extended School Year will be conducted via a distance learning format – students and staff will not enter our buildings over the summer for this program.
An important note from BLPO about 2019 SUMMER PROGRAM FEES for ONLINE courses:
- New or continued original credit course $200. Reduced to $50 if completed with a passing grade by August 18th.
- New or continued original credit course for free/reduced lunch students $50. Reduced to $0 if completed with a passing grade by August 18th.
- New or continued credit recovery course $50. Reduced to $0 if completed with a passing grade by August 18th.
- New or continued credit recovery course for free/reduced lunch students
$25. Reduced to $0 if completed with a passing grade by August 18th.
- 2019 Seniors who have 4 or fewer courses (2 or fewer credits) necessary for graduation. No charge.
Next Monday is Memorial Day… enjoy the holiday!