Looking for 100% engagement? Look no further. Lindsey Christian, an English Language Arts teacher at La Pine High School, used a snowman drawing game as a way of connecting with her students over WebEx. Here’s how it works:
Pen or pencil
Remind students that it might be hard, it’s going to look silly, but it’s going to be fun!
- Tell the students to place their notebook on their head.
- Hold the notebook in one hand and the pen in the other hand.
- Turn on cameras (optional but highly encouraged)
- Once everyone is ready, give these instructions:
- Draw a line for the snowy ground.
- Draw a snowman.
- Draw a top hat on your snowman.
- Draw stick arms for your snowman.
- Give your snowman eyes to see
- Give your snowman a scarf and mittens.
- Give your snowman a carrot nose.
- Draw a cloudy sky with snow falling.
- Give your snowman a mouth.
- Now everyone can turn on their cameras to show their drawings.
This is a great activity to start or end a class with or simply as a way of connecting and building relationships with your students. Most of Lindsey’s classes were 100% engaged. They had fun laughing over their funny drawings!