Read Across America day is right around the corner on March 2nd. If you are looking for new read-alouds that celebrate diversity in our communities check these out!
Below is a list of some timely resources that can be found in your Bend-La Pine Discovery Education account. Teachers and students should log into Clever first, then select Discovery Education from the list of apps. Likewise, please log into Clever and Discovery Education before clicking on the links below.
- Celebrating Black History Choice Board
- Celebrating Black History Channel
- Celebrating Women in History Choice Board
- Women in History Channel
- Vooks can be found in your Discovery Ed account! Vooks has numerous children’s books (aimed at grades K-2) with narration and animation.
- Read Across America Day Virtual Read-Aloud with Alice Walker– March 2nd
- March Newsletter
Social Emotional & Mental Well-Being
New to Harmony? Check out these resources to help get you started:
- Strong Start Resources Padlet for Teachers
- Harmony Everyday Practices Quicklinks K-2 and 3-5
- Conversation Starters for Circles/Meet Up
Current Harmony Users:
- 25 Ways to Welcome Students and Say Hello Activity (Relationship Skills)
- Mindful Minute Activities (Self-Awareness/Self-management Skills)
Do you like having hard copies of resources? Use this request link if you are interested in receiving a Harmony SEL kit or connection cards.