Advantage Dental K-2 Screenings- Thank you for working with me to schedule this year’s k-2 dental screenings. Please find below directions for your scheduled dates.
- Please have a space (extra room, conference room, etc.). They’ve requested a sink close by if possible.
- Send the passive consent form home at least two weeks prior to your scheduled dates. You may send a hard copy, email or both.
- Send the packet home at least two weeks prior. Advantage requests that these forms get returned to the school one week prior to dates. Spanish versions will be provided. Please collect in the office. Someone from Advantage will pick these up from your office.
- Advantage will bring hard copies of all paperwork to your designated contact person.
- Call me if you have any questions. If I don’t know the answer, I will find it for you.
ACR’s/Grandfather Forms- One week until the deadline for ACR and Grandfather form submissions. Please be sure to communicate this deadline again to all families. I will be calling each of you Monday to get an update. I will need to know the following how many ACR’s and Grandfather forms you have from each school and to each school. We know the ACR form says to submit to home school, but we also know that many parents just submit to the school they want. When I call, I will walk you through the completion of a spreadsheet so that I can look at all schools- how many want in, how many want to leave. Please have this information available and organized so that when I call we can get through it quickly. Thank you.
Kindergarten Start- On March 14 from 10:00-11:00, the Kinder team will be presenting their ideas/processes for the start of the year for kindergartners (site TBD). This presentation is for building administrators. It is not required, but is a great opportunity for you and/or a vp to learn a little bit about what is going on in the schools/classrooms participating in this project. Your current practices you shared at our last horizontal are also available to review and/or share with your school’s kinder team.
Transfer Interviews- We will be holding transfer interviews that meet our contractual obligation to interview BLP teachers for our generic K-2 and 3-5 postings on March 14 @ Pine Ridge. Please let me know by next Friday, March 1, if you are available to be a part of an interview team. We usually have 3 or 4 on a team and are able to get finished by 6 or 6:30. I am predicting more people applying for the transfer interviews this year because of the new school opening. The more we have to help the quicker we will be able to finish.
Tim Feeney– Tim Feeney will be in Bend in a couple of weeks! He is hosting a day long conference on self-regulation interventions on March 5th (Flyer and registration link attached). Also, Bend La Pine Schools Administrators have an opportunity to meet with Tim on the morning of March 8th from 7:30-10:00. This session will provide time for conversation around working with and supporting students with challenging behaviors as administrators.
Registration for the Administrator Session is not required, but please email Hayley if you plan to attend, so we have a headcount!
Location: Ed Center Board Room
Questions: Contact Hayley Etnier
Field Trips/ Transportation- Please familiarize your team with the changes to this AR related to Transporting in Private Vehicles, so you are aware of the changes. Here is the NEW Field Trip Permission Slip form. Please use THIS form for all trips, from now on. I will send you the clean one soon! Here is the new AR related to Volunteers. Please see Andrea’s nifty cheat sheet for explanation.
Hope, Help, & Heal Series– This is coming up in March and April. In order to make these events go smoothly, we are needing volunteers for each event. Volunteers can help in 4 different ways:
- Registration & Resource Table: Welcome attendees, distribute group wristbands, ensure attendees sign in, staff resource table at the conclusion of the event.
- Group Escorts: Assigned a group to rotate with, assist with group management if someone triggered connect them with a Mental Health Support person.
- General Escorts: Remain in halls during breakout sessions and direct attendees to their rooms, monitor hallways during the event, connect anyone that needs mental health support to the Quiet Room.
- Mental Health Supports*: Professional Mental Health or Behavioral Health provider who will be assigned to staff a safe room OR staff a break out session. Provide support to attendees that express needing extra support. Before signing up for this role, please contact Misty Groom ([email protected])
Folks can sign up to volunteer here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aYLuKv1eI16Cb_sjcl2hOxhhfbJ78BdDokaUhtcfZ2U/edit#gid=235871403If you are willing and able, please consider volunteering for a role. If you are already speaking at this event, or If you know of someone in your organization who you think would be a great fit for a volunteer position, please pass this along. After folks sign up, they will receive an email with detailed instructions.
Mentor Interviews- I will be in mentor teacher interviews Tuesday, Thursday and Friday of next week. I will be checking email regularly. You can also text, but I will wait for a break to get back to you.
March 1 ACR’s/ Grandfather Forms Due
March 6 ACR’s/Grandfather’s entered into synergy
March 14 Transfer Interviews
March 18 Horizontal Meeting
March 25-29 Spring Break
April 1 Leadership Meeting
April 4 Job Fair
That’s all for this week. I will talk to most of you on Monday re: ACR’s and Grandfather forms. Thank you for all you do every day for all of your kids. Have a great weekend.