Create a Screen Recording on the iPad

This year all of our students have the ability to create screen recordings on their iPads. This is perfect for explaining how something works, how to solve a problem, how to demonstrate visible thinking, etc. It’s simple to use. Here’s a quick video tutorial:

If you use Google Classroom, students have the ability to upload attachments from their camera – this includes, images, videos, & screen recordings which are in fact videos. Let us know how your students are using the screen recording feature in the comments below!

About Christie Boen

I have worked with Bend-La Pine since 2007. I am an Instructional Technology Coach and District Librarian.

3 Replies to “Create a Screen Recording on the iPad”

1. Really cool feature. Thanks for sharing Christie. Now here is the question for everyone – how can this be used in innovative, creative ways in the classroom? I hope teachers share their ideas.

• Awesome! This feature is going to be super useful Christie- thanks for the tutorial. In tech class, I envision students using this feature to create tutorials to train other students how to use important apps such as Notability, StudentVue and Google Classroom.