Limit the number of messages going out.
- A weekly summary of class lessons, assignments, etc. is better than a daily notice.
- Consider a calendar presentation, showing just what is expected when.
Include all needed links on messages and assignment directions.
- YouTube is open now! But students must be logged into their BLS account to view.
- Make sure links to documents and websites are accessible and appropriate.
Make Google Classroom assignment submissions as easy as possible.
● A how-to document with screenshots of the process on an iPad.
● A screen recording from an iPad to show the process.
- Include the link to the district’s Continuation of Learning page on your correspondence to parents.
- Provide regular drop-in WebEx sessions for parents and/or students who just want to connect.
- Keep messages positive; communicate your willingness to be flexible and “available” for students and parents.
- Take care of yourself. Don’t get discouraged or frustrated by discouraged or frustrated parents who also have a ton on their plates!