If you have a question about anything related to Educational Technology, such as Apple Classroom, WebEx, Apps, and more – chances are you may be able to find the answer on our blog. Simply type in your topic in the search bar and it will pull up all the related posts. If it’s not there, then please ask one of us listed at the bottom of this post.
Students’ Lexia Minutes
Are your students’ Lexia minutes being counted correctly? To make sure all progress is saved, remind students that they should follow the “3 strikes, you’re out” method. Students will tap three times on their iPad screen:
- Tap the red X in the upper right of the unit screen
- Tap the red X in the upper right of the activity screen
- Tap the red X in the upper right of the log-out screen to log out of the program.
Recommended Notification Settings for Students Using Canvas
We have sought the help of our Canvas “Power Users” to come up with some recommendations for email notifications. Please share the following video with your students and allow them a chance to revisit their own notification settings in Canvas:
Lesson Idea of the Week
Library of Congress in the Bathtub
Okay, not exactly in the bathtub, but I bet I’ve got you curious now. For those of you in the science and history realm, this is for you. Here are 5 links to check out. You might be surprised what you find here.
- Research guides – Guides in science and technology with links to background material and primary sources.
- Everyday Mysteries – Provocative questions and interesting science facts.
- Webcasts – Recorded conversations with experts in various fields.
- The “Inside Adams” blog – Lots of great info here and timely for what’s currently going on.
- Ask a Librarian – Allows researchers of all ages to get reference help from subject-matter specialists.
In case you’re looking for some good book ideas as we’re rolling into spring break, here are some of my favorites along with books that have rave reviews. Oh, and they’re all available in Sora. Roadtrips are a great time to listen to an audiobook!
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
- The Giver of Stars by JoJo Moyes
- The Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer
- Agnes at the End of the World by Kelly McWilliams
- Burn by Patrick Ness
- The Cat I Never Named: a True Story of Love, War, and Survival by Amra Sabic-El-Rayess
- Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas
- The Loop by Ben Oliver
- Dress Coded by Carrie Firestone
- The Electric Kingdom by David Arnold
- Just Like That by Gary D Schmidt
- Starfish by Fipps, Lisa
- Summer of Brave by Amy Noelle Parks
- Echo Mountain by Lauren Wolk
- The Magic in Changing Your Stars by Leah Henderson
- Saucy by Cynthia Kadohata
- The Summer We Found the Baby by Amy Hest
- Who Gives a Poop? : Surprising Science from One End to the Other by Heather L. Montgomery