We should have more information soon about year end items such as 3rd – 5th iPad check-ins, year-end checkout for staff, etc. We are also anticipating the final approval of our staffing plan for next year in the coming weeks and will share information about teaching assignments as soon as we are able to. I will update grade level teams with information as we receive it (or have guidance on it) or will communicate through Week at a Glance.
Here is a link to Lindsley’s weekly update.
Our next newsletter (going out Monday) will have a link to Classroom Input forms for next school year. On this doc families are invited to share information with us about their child to assist in class placement for next year and are reminded these are not teacher request forms.
As you read last week, May 27th is the day that families will be able to come to Lava Ridge to pick-up bagged-up items from desks/lockers. This will also be the last packet distribution day for K-2nd. If your team would like to hand these out (packed up items & learning packets) or other year end-items in late May or early June on a different date, below are some steps to follow so we can best coordinate these times, make the event safe and comfortable for all, follow the Bend-La Pine Schools Social Distancing Guidelines and space-out the arrival of patrons to campus. If you have questions just reach out to Lybe or I.
- Schedule a date and time with Gary & Lybe so that we can make sure that grade levels aren’t overlapping.
- If your grade level would like to distribute items as a team (ie all teachers at that grade-level) we will schedule you in a 3-4 hour window (ie 9:00-12:00 or 9:00-1:00) As you decide between the length of window you may wish to consider how long you would like to talk with each student/family.
- If you would prefer to schedule individual teacher times, we will schedule you in 1-2 hour windows. As you decide between the length of window you may wish to consider how long you would like to talk with each student/family.
2. On the date of please:
- Provide a 6ft buffer from cars and families. Sometimes people aren’t comfortable asking for space.
- Keep distant from your team mates during handout to respect their space.
- Encourage families to stay in their cars so that you can bring them their items OR spread bags out so that 1 person from each car can grab their items.