Good Morning Team!
First, a HUGE congrats on a successful first week. I know I was exhausted by the end of the day Friday, so I can’t imagine how you felt! Friday night was the first night of good sleep I’ve had in a long while. I hope the weekend was good and that you’re up for Round 2.
A few notes to get you going:
1) We’ll have a short (30 mins) Staff Meeting on Wednesday at 2pm. We’ll spend the time talking about the school wide writing project we touched on at our meeting last week. Please come with ideas-I’m excited about the possibilities!
2) No School Friday. We’re using this time for family check-ins and I hope by now you have sent out a sign up link for families. This is a day you are welcome to work from home if you prefer.
3) Music classes start this week:
Kinder: Monday at 12
Grade 1: Tuesday at 12 (Amanda) and 12:30 (Sara)
Grade 2: Wednesday at 12
Grade 3: Thursday at 12
Grades 4 and 5: Wednesday at 10am (virtual)
4) Last week you tried a few different approaches to having your kids line up after recess–some worked better than others. This week please make sure you review with your class where you’d like them to line up after recess breaks. This will be really helpful for those of us doing recess duty. Thanks!
5) Our Lottery Information Night is scheduled for February 24. Since we have to do this virtually I’d like to put together a video sharing some of the more unique parts of our program–similar to how we do it in person, and I am super hopeful you are game to support the effort. Below are the things we generally try to cover at the meeting, and these are the things I’d like to video you talking about. Please have a look at the list and find a few things you’d be willing to take on. I’ll post a google doc soon that will allow you to sign up. I’ll also ask you to share your Personal Whys (why you do what you do and why Amity)
~What Amity Means–Belonging and Togetherness
~History of Amity Creek (Someone needs to carry the torch in Scotts absence!)
~What’s Important to Us
*Focus on the Child, Choice and Voice
*Rooted in Community: Community Based, Authentic Community
*Celebrate the Journey: Value the journey of childhood and learning
*It’s About the People: Dynamic, fluid, spontaneous, ever growing and changing
~Unique aspects of our program
*Community Time, Choice Time, Invitations
*Cross Age Learning, Olders and Youngers
*One class per grade—opportunity to deeply know and connect
*Parent Connections, Conversations, Café Amity, Bread and Jam
6) A Masking Update from the district: After further discussions with our health professionals, it was learned that most local medical centers have changed their masking guidelines and are no longer allowing gaiters, buffs and bandanas as substitutes for cloth/disposable masks that fit snugly around the mouth and nose.
For students (or staff) who are attached to their logo gaiters, this will come as a disappointment. We can exchange their gaiter/buff with one of our district provided masks, or, buffs/gaiters placed OVER a mask that adheres to our requirements are permissible. Masks with valves or otherwise vent air are never acceptable.
February 5: District inservice day-No school, Parent Conversations.
February 15: President’s Day, No School
February 24: Lottery Info Night (WebEx)
March 22-26: Spring Break, No School
Here’s to week 2!