It’s the home stretch to 2 weeks of vacation…are you feeling it?! This looks to be a great (and energy filled) week with lots of celebrations and other fun activities. And, this will be our last week with our wonderful Tonya, so let’s make it count!
In anticipation of our upcoming vacation, two jokes for you:
Where do math teachers go on vacation? To Times Square
Where do crayons go on vacation? Color-ado!
A few notes to get you going:
1) Celebrations this week (that I know of):
Wednesday: Grade 2 right after Community Time
Thursday: Grade 1 @ 2:30pm, Grade 4 in the studio (time?)
Friday: Grade 3 @9am in the gym
2) Shelter in Place drill Tuesday at 11:15am (followed by Fire Drill). An actual Shelter in Place for us might be that a huge storm blows in causing damage to the school or stranding us for a period time. We’ll practice for the potential damage part, in this case windows breaking. The drill for this would look a lot like an Earthquake drill so let’s do the duck and cover under the desks and away from the windows if possible. We’ll hold this for a few minutes and then pull the fire alarm. We’ll initiate the duck and cover via intercom (and I’ll follow up in person).
3) SIW this week will be used to reflect on the first part of the year–celebrate accomplishments, discuss concerns, consider ideas, and get excited for the remainder of the year. Reflection is an important part of the growth process and I am looking forward to some time with all of you considering how things are going here at school.
4) Proposed schedule for after break–we’ll have a few minutes to discuss this at SIW:
5) Grade 2 hosts Cafe Amity this week.
6) I’ll be leaving school a little early on Tuesday, around 2:30.
Here’s to a great week ahead!
I hope you had a fantastic weekend. In honor of our music program and our planetarium this week, a little joke to start us off:
What kind of music do planets sing? Neptunes!
A few notes to get us going:
1) Song and Sing-a-long is this Wednesday, 5:30-6:30pm. Please remind families that seating is limited and that we will be sitting Community Time style (on the ground!). Dale is working on the line up, and we’ll need your support in getting kiddos on and off stage during the evening. We’ll chat a little more about the plan on Wednesday at SIW.
2) SIW this week is time to focus on Science. We’ll have a short meeting and then the rest of the time is yours. Let’s meet in Wendy’s room at 2:30pm.
3) The inflatable Planetarium will be here Thursday and Friday afternoons. I’m still waiting to hear back from the organizers about scheduling–I’ll hopefully have a schedule to share by Wednesday.
4) Grade 3 hosts Cafe Amity this week.
5) Grade 4 heads to Bend Science Station on Thursday and Friday!
6) Please be sure to get the self portraits done before we head in to break. Please give them to me when you are done.
7) EBISS on Wednesday, Veronica will be here to cover.
9:15-9:45: Grade 5
9:45-10:15: Grade 4
10:30-11:00: Grade 2
11:00-11:30: Grade 1
12:30-1:00: Grade 3
Here’s to a great week!
Good Morning Fine People,
I hope the weekend was good! In honor of winter’s formal arrival, a winter joke: How does a snowman get around? He rides an icicle!
A few notes to get us going:
1) Remember that amazing song that Callie Thomas and Ian Rankin wrote and sang at graduation last year? Well, they will be at Amity at 3pm this Thursday to teach the song to the entire school! And, they plan to be at our December 12 Song and Sing-a-long to sing the song as well. We’ll meet in the gym at 3pm.
2) Our Song and Sing-a-long is next Wednesday, December 12. I have sent a note to parents (and they’ll get another one today in the December newsletter) about the event. One really important piece of information that I am reminding them about is the limited seating that will be available for the event. If you include a reminder in your weekly note this week and next week about the limited seating it will be very helpful! Also, remember we said we wanted to go for drinks after!
3) SIW this week–we will discuss Chapter 4 in Mathematical Mindsets. Please come ready to share thoughts about this chapter and what we have read so far. 2:30 in Heidi’s room.
4) Next Thursday and Friday (Dec 13/14) we will have the inflatable planetarium here in the afternoon. I am still waiting to hear about scheduling classes, and as soon as I do I’ll let you know.
5) Grade 4 hosts Cafe Amity this week
6) Next Wednesday, December 12 is our next EBISS meeting
7) I’ll be leaving around 3pm today for an admin meeting. Call or text if you need anything.
8) Matt is out today, Mackenzie is here. Jim is also out today and Andrea will be covering for him. Please make extra efforts to be good stewards today and help Andrea out by doing some extra cleaning with your kiddos. Thanks!
Here’s to a fantastic week!