Good Morning All!
I hope you enjoyed the stellar weather this weekend, I do love this time of year! We’ve got a busy few weeks (2 months) ahead, but I think it’s better to be bustling with activity this time of year in order to meet the kids’ energy.
I’ve been deep in thought about change recently, and how much change we have had at Amity in my short tenure. This week at SIW we will look to the future and begin to find our growth edge for the coming year (and years) ahead. All the change we have been experiencing, and will continue to experience, feels both exciting, but also little overwhelming at times. I read this quote over the weekend and it gave a me little levity: “Change is inevitable–except from a vending machine.” –Robert C. Gallagher
A few notes to get us going:
1) Book Fair is this week in the Studio, Wed-Fri. This means art will take place somewhere other than in the studio–either in your classroom or in the craft room. Alisa will let us know.
2) Field trips this week:
*Grade 2 heads to the Bend Science Station on Tuesday
*Grades 4 and 5 head to Blue Hole on Tuesday
3) Grade 5 hosts Cafe Amity this week.
4) A change to SIW this week. Since we have the walk out rally next Wednesday I am shifting things around. This week we will begin visioning for next year and I have moved our engagement with Running Records and IRI to August. Please come with thoughts, ideas, and goals, as well as reflections from this year, that you’d like to share with the group as we begin to envision what next year can be. This will be a 2 part series with the next one on May 15. Ray will be joining for part 2.
5) Easy CBM next week, please make note of the times scheduled:
*Kinder@10:45am on Wednesday, May 8
*Grade 1@10:45 on Tues, May 7
*Grade 2@9:15am on Tues, May 7
*Grades 3/4/5 please let me know when you will administer in classrooms
6) Bend Food Project collections will run through next Wednesday, May 7 with pick up on May 8. I will send out a reminder to families but it would be good to include the info in any communications you send to families this week. In the spirit of giving and generosity please encourage families to participate.
7) Next week, May 6-10, is Teacher Appreciation Week. Like in previous years there will be a variety of efforts from our sweet community to show their love for all of you. As in the past, the classified staff will be preparing a tasty lunch for you on Tuesday of next week so be sure to join in the staff room for lunch that day.
8) Pint Night at Worthy Brewing is next Tuesday from 4-9pm. It would be great if we could all make an appearance in support of this fundraising effort.
9) The annual Bowl-a-thon is next Friday, May 10. All the info has gone home–please, please, please encourage families to get sponsors and donations. This is a HUGE fundraiser for us–in the neighborhood of $6000–and it is especially important because it is our last big fundraiser of the year and a chance to hit our fundraising goal. Please remember that all of us, students and staff, benefit from the extensive fundraising that occurs throughout the year and our support of these efforts is crucial! Please do all you can to support this. Thank you!
May 1-3: Spring Book Fair
May 6-10: Teacher Appreciation Week. Teacher, keep Tuesday lunch free!
May 7: Pint Night at Worthy Brewing. Let’s all try and make an appearance even if just for a short while. 4-9pm
May 10: Bowl-a-thon. All info has been sent home. Please encourage families to get donations.
May 15: DIBELS
May 28: The Child and Youth Resilience Measure (CYRM)–more info in a few weeks. Some data collection for the district.
Here’s to a great week ahead and to the last 7 fantastic weeks,