I hope you had an amazing week off! We’ve got a busy month ahead of us between now and our next break–lots to look forward to!
A few notes to get us going…
1) We’ll continue with our school wide “I Am Different, We Are The Same” project this week. The photos are ready to go and this week we can take time to do the writing. Also, I still have a large collection of great books that you are welcome to use to support this project!
2) We’ll celebrate our Sparrow Alexander’s birthday on Wednesday at Community Time. Kinders are planning something. We raised over $200 with our change collection efforts!
3) Reminder: Bright Bytes survey is to be done by this Friday, November 30. This is for students in Grades 3-5 and ALL teachers. Please reference the email I sent on November 13 for details.
4) We’ll have a Lockout and Fire Drill tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1:15pm. We’ll start with a Lockout (business as usual in the classrooms, all exterior doors will be locked–nobody in or out) for 5 minutes, then we’ll sound the fire alarm.
5) Keeping you in the loop, I’ll be sending a note to Kinder parents later today letting them know about Lindsey’s return in January.
6) This is a great time of year to remind your classes about hallway and Community Time etiquette. Specifically, if you could review the following with your classes today it would be greatly appreciated and helpful:
*Hallway–walking or skipping, quiet voices when moving in the hallway during class time.
*Community Time–the usual reminders about respectful listening, sitting with friends, etc
*Invitation dismissal–kids are flying out of classrooms and sprinting down the hallway. It would be very helpful if you walked your kids into the hallway and then watched as they make their way down the hallway. If everyone made this effort (and sent students back to their class if they are running) it would help to keep the hallways a lot safer.
7) Below is how we’ll spend our SIWs between now and Winter Break:
*Nov 28 (this week)–Planning time, no meeting
*December 5–Chapter 4, Mathematical Mindsets. Please have this read and be ready to discuss.
*December 19–Reflection time for the first part of the school year
8) If all goes well, we will be having a projector installed in the gym/cafeteria starting today! Fingers crossed!
9) I have an admin meeting today so will be leaving around 3:15pm. Call or text if you need me.
10) Patti is out, but Korey will be here to cover for her (and Beth, too).
*December 12: EBISS
*December 12: “Song and Sing-a-Long” from 5:30-6:30pm