Monday Notes, September 21

First, we have to acknowledge the passing of a true American hero, and someone who was a genuine trailblazer–Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Her dedication to fighting for equality for all was truly inspirational. I hope we can all carry a little piece of her passion and dedication in our hearts. RIP RBG!

Congrats on a great first week of CDL! Yes, there were some technical difficulties along the way but all in all it was a successful week! Thank you for all your hard work and perseverance, and for your ability to connect from a distance.

A few notes to get you going:
1) Guidelines: I know you are all anxiously awaiting all the guidelines for hybrid. I am also awaiting these guidelines! The district is slowly rolling these out with a big document that is supposed to be coming by the end of the week. We’re going to have to hang tight until we have a comprehensive list in our hands.

In the meantime, Kim and I are currently working with a small team from Northstar as part of a Safety Team. We had our first meeting on Friday, and the next one will be on Tuesday at 1:30. The team is pouring over the safety checklist from the district (this is part of the guidelines but not all)–everything from how we enter and leave every day to how we will move from classroom to the bathroom. I could use at least one teacher to support this team. We’ll meet a few times between now and when start with hybrid. I will be doing 98% of the work, we just need a teacher representative on the team. We’ll meet when we can find mutually agreeable times. Please let me know if you can help–it’s a small, short term commitment, but a very important one!

2) Two notes related to COVID Training: 1) The COVID-19: What Our Local Medical Professionals Know About The Virus. BLS staff are invited to join Logan Clausen, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Central Oregon Pediatric Associates (COPA) and Nathan Ansbaugh, MD, MPH, St. Charles emergency physician, to learn more about the COVID-19 virus and answer questions submitted by certified and classified staff members.  The session will be from 2 pm – 3 pm on Wednesday, September 23 in https://bls.webex.com/meet/paul.dean

Have you completed the district COVID Training? (PowerPoint).  The deadline was September 11.  Follow this link if you have not done the training: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MHqcjVx2MuxQ551oBUNcJFQoAol10ZQW/view?usp= sharing

3) Music, PE and Art begin this week! I sent you the links for Music and PE, and Korey will send the Art link later in the week. I’m letting parents know that we will likely switch Music and Art to Wednesdays for K-3 once we go to hybrid. I’m working on a schedule and will share it soon. The switch will assure that Music and Art only have to be taught once per week on the day that all students are home.

4) Help with room set up and preparing for hybrid. We’ve hired Karima and Beth Thomas to put in some hours helping K-3 teachers get ready. Karima will be here in the afternoons this week and then in the mornings next week. Beth will be here in the mornings for the next couple of weeks. PLEASE use this support–they can unpack boxes, label folders, sort, copy, bring you coffee and make you lunch (well, maybe not these last two, but all the others and more). They are here for you, so please do all you can to let them help!

5) Staff Meeting on Tuesday at 2:30. I would love to do this in person if possible, but if not we can do it virtually (some in person, others at home). Please let me know where you plan to be.

6) Packet pick-up. We had tentatively set Oct 1 as the next packet pick up time. Please let me know if you plan to have materials to hand out. You would not necessarily have to be present for the pick-up but you could be.

7) Please remember–Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of Each other, Take Care of This Place. It starts with you, so be sure you are taking care of yourself, doing things that nurture your mind and body, and carving out the time needed to do so. Also, let’s continue to take care of each other by being present when we are together, reaching out for support and to help, and making time to connect. Where to start with taking care of this place? Focus on your sphere of influence–what can you positively impact today or in a moment, big or small!

Upcoming
September 22: Staff meeting, 2;30pm
Sept 28-Oct 2: Hybrid Transition Week for K-3. Reduced Webex group and small group meetings.
Oct 1: Packet/materials pick-up, tentative (will confirm soon)
Oct 5: Hybrid Orientation Week for K-3
October 12: Hybrid instruction begins for K-3

Here’s to week 2!
Andy

7 thoughts on “Monday Notes, September 21”

1. I tried CBD gummies for the earliest time cbd capsules and I’m amazed close how blas‚ and stoical I feel. The tastefulness was pleasant, and the influence was conspicuous after about 30 minutes. I’m itchy to be prolonged using these gummies and explore other CBD products. Incomparably vouch for!

2. I am a website designer. Recently, I am designing a website template about gate.io. The boss’s requirements are very strange, which makes me very difficult. I have consulted many websites, and later I discovered your blog, which is the style I hope to need. thank you very much. Would you allow me to use your blog style as a reference? thank you!

3. I was really impressed with proessays.net writing service when I was researching “what is racial profiling essay”. Their writers have great knowledge and expertise on the subject, and they provided me with an excellent essay that was well-researched and written in a clear and concise manner. Highly recommended!

4. Diving into ‘Monday Notes, September 21’ – a collection of reflections and insights. Join the conversation and share your thoughts on the inspiring snippets that make Mondays brighter!

5. One of the things I love most about “Monday AM Teacher Notes” is its user-friendly layout. It’s easy to navigate, with sections dedicated to important information such as lesson plans, class schedules, and upcoming events. This makes it simple for teachers to quickly find the information they need without feeling overwhelmed.

6. I really appreciated the reminders about upcoming events and important dates, like the parent-teacher conferences and the PSAT testing day. It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life, so having these reminders is super helpful.