A picture says a thousand words–we may not be able to take our kiddos to Shevlin Park for Camp Amity, but they are taking themselves! Here are some 2nd graders who spent time at Aspen Hall last week–doing that Camp Amity thing!
I’d like to start the week by welcoming Michelle Dolce, our new SPED teacher! Michelle is new to Bend, but she comes to us with lots of experience as a support teacher. You’ll have an opportunity to meet her at the staff meeting on Wednesday. Welcome Michelle!
A few notes to get you rolling this week:
1) Staff meeting on Wednesday from 1-2pm at North Star. Please also get the following staff meeting days on your calendar, meetings will start at 2pm:
*October 28, Nov 18, December 9
2) October 28, 29, 30–please remember that these are now teaching days (Conferences have been postponed).
Now that Conferences have been postponed it makes it even more important that you continue to reach out to families and make time for 1 to 1 chats during your teaching day. For most of you this is the afternoon time from about 1-3pm. If you haven’t checked in with families in a while, please ask them to sign up for a time to meet with you–it’s vitally important that we are staying connected to families and finding out how things are going for their kiddo and for them.
3) One of the topics for discussion at our staff meeting this week is Goals for Amity Creek for this year. Indeed this is unlike any other year but we want to keep momentum going in terms of our goals as a school. Please find time before Wednesday to think about some goals you think we should be focussed on this year. Thanks!
4) A few of you have asked about taking Personal Days. You are allowed to take personal days during CDL with the understanding that you will still provide lessons (pre-recorded) and activities for your students for the day. Also, you need to notify parents ahead of time about the plan. Please also let me know in advance if you are planning to take a Personal Day.
5) Integrated Learning Projects. In case you haven’t had time to explore some of the links that TLC is sending out, here is a direct link to some great Integrated Learning Projects that could be utilized on Wednesdays:
Also, now that you’re settling into some consistent rhythms, I’d like to continue to encourage you to engage in some equity education during CDL. A great place to start is the Teaching Tolerance website:
October 14: Staff Meeting, 1-2pm
October 28: Staff Meeting, 2pm
November 11: November Veteran’s Day, NO SCHOOL
November 18: Staff Meeting
November 23-27: Thanksgiving Break, NO SCHOOL
December 9: Staff Meeting, 2pm
December 21-January 1: Winter Break, NO SCHOOL
January 4: Move back to Amity??? 🤞🏾
I’m really excited about a doll I bought for my new granddaughter to memorialize the year she was born:
Have a great week, see you on Wednesday if not sooner.