Monday AM Notes, April 19

Greetings!
I hope the long weekend was great, you couldn’t have asked for nicer weather! I arrived back home around noon on Sunday after a fantastic few days away and got to spend time in my yard with my grandkids–it was glorious!

A few notes to get you going:
1) As a reminder, we had to change our Staff Meeting for this week–our next big Staff Meeting will be May 5. The next two Wednesdays are all yours! I’d like to have a short Staff Meeting on Tuesday, April 27 from 3 to 3:30pm.

2) Bike/Walk to School is May 5. The plan I’ll share with families this week has two options:
-Bikers (mostly for Olders, Youngers can join if the parent joins) will meet at Pastini’s at 7:30am and ride to school. Matt has agreed to be the guide.
-Walkers will meet at Drake Park (near the parking lot) at 7:45am and walk to school along Broadway. I will take responsibility for this group.
-Teachers, if you want to join one of the groups let’s work together to make sure your classroom is covered until you arrive.
-I’ll be asking for lots of parent support
-Class may start a little late on this day…

3) In case you missed it last week, be sure to note that Korey will be out of town from town May 3-14. This means no art on May 5 and 7 as well as on May 12 and 14. A great time to do some of your own art projects or other things you’ve been wanting to do!

4) Teachers, I’ve sent you all an email about some potential sub days to pursue professional development. I hope there’s some interest out there.

Just a reminder about something I included in the notes last week–I’d like bring back our mantra: Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of Each other, Take Care of this Place. If you were not able to squeeze it in last week please be sure to take some time this week to re-introduce (or introduce) this to your students and talk about what each means in the context of our life here at Amity. As I shared previously, I sincerely believe this framework encompasses all that we believe in and all that we want to do. Some visual reminders, which students can obviously help create, would be great to see in the classrooms and hallways!

Upcoming:
April 22/23: Grade 5 hosts Community Time
April 26: School Pictures
April 27: Short Staff Meeting, 3pm
May 5: Bike/Walk to School
May 5: Staff Meeting, 2pm

Here’s to a great week ahead!
Andy

4 thoughts on “Monday AM Notes, April 19”

1. I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for your blog. The thoughtful content and your engaging writing style make it a pleasure to explore. Keep up the fantastic work!

2. Your blog is a treasure trove of wisdom! The valuable insights and practical tips you offer have become my go-to resource for navigating life’s challenges. It’s clear that you’re not just a blogger but a trusted mentor for your readers. Keep enlightening us with your profound knowledge.

Jeremy Piven