Monday AM Notes, January 14

Good Monday Morning,
I hope the weekend was good to you. My daughter Kaila has been hounding me for weeks to help her repaint her room, and I finally gave in this weekend. I got a kick out of the paint colors–some of my favorites that we encountered: nacho cheese, mown grass, dead salmon (really), anonymous, Grandma’s sweater, and divine pleasure. Kaila settled tropicana cabana, though I was hoping for dead salmon…

A few notes to get us going:

1) SIW this week: We’ll discuss Chapter 5 of Mathematical Mindsets so please have it read and be ready to share thoughts/ideas/reflections. Also, we’ll chat about a few other pertinent things as well–I’ll send y’all an agenda.

2) EasyCBM schedule for this week, Jan 15-17 (Tue-Thur):
Kinder: Wednesday 10:40-11:40 (studio)
Grade 1: Wednesday 9:15-10:15 (studio)
Grade 2: Tuesday 9:15-10:15 (studio)
Grade 3: Thursday 9:15-10:15
Grade 4: Wednesday 9:15-10:15
Grade 5: Wednesday 10:40-11:40

3) Small correction to something I wrote in an email to you last week regarding future SIW dates. The February 13 SIW is not for Science, but rather the beginning of the district series (Feb 13, March 13, April 17)– I forgot they were starting this up again. You’ll be getting a note from the district some time in the near future about signing up for a series you are interested in.

4) Dale is still out on residency and Deb continues in his absence.

5) Earthquake drill on Tuesday at 11:30. Duck and cover. We’ll make an announcement followed up by an in-person visit to see if you heard it. The drill will only last a few short minutes.

6) Kinders host Cafe Amity this week.

7) Grade 4 is headed to Elk Meadow on Thursday morning.

8) I was asked this question a few times last week: What time does lunch start? Lunch begins at 11:45, with Kinders coming a few minutes early. The schedule is set up so that you have homeroom time from 10:40-11:40, leaving you time to clean up and get the room in order before sending the kids to the cafeteria at 11:45. Please do not send your classes at 11:40 (except Kinder) as Wendy has mentioned she’s not always ready. Thanks!

9) Just a friendly reminder as we have shifted to afternoon Choice Time coverage…
Mon: Amanda
Tues: Frans
Wednesday: Heidi (still AM Choice)
Thurs: Wendy
Fri: Matt

10) Just an FYI, Lottery info meeting will be Wednesday, February 20–one at 2:30pm, the other at 5:30pm. Lottery tours will be Feb 26 and March 1.

11) I have an admin meeting this afternoon so will be leaving around 3:30. Call or text if you need me.

Upcoming:
Jan 21
: No school–MLK Day
Jan 25: Camp Amity!
Feb 1: Teacher work day, no students
Feb 6: DIBELS, 9:15-11:45

Here’s to a great week ahead (and the three day weekend that follows it)!
Andy

7 thoughts on “Monday AM Notes, January 14”

1. I have been using 99 papers for more than a year and I’m very happy with their services. The papers I ordered were well-written and I’m very impressed with the turnaround time. The customer service team is also very helpful and they always respond to my queries promptly.

2. Há algumas datas de corte interessantes neste artigo mas não sei se vejo todos eles de coração para coração. Pode haver alguma validade, mas mantenho a minha opinião até que a analise mais pormenorizadamente. 홀덤사이트 Boa artigo , obrigado e gostaríamos de mais! Adicionado ao FeedBurner como deve ser

3. Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the
    same page layout and design. Superb choice of colors!